Fibreglass curtain wall VARIOPLANplus
Light and lightness
VARIOPLANplus is a curtain wall based on an aluminium frame construction with thermal break and an infill made of thermally insulating fibreglass – this innovative material composition offers a superior light transmittance, an extremely low weight, excellent thermal insulation and an outstanding life span. Since more than 40 years fibreglass is used in building and differentiates itself from other curtain wall material by its multitude of application, its physical performances and its optical appearance.
- The self-supporting fibreglass panels feature around 70% less weight than real insulating glass, allowing for extreme unit lengths of up to 15 m – for horizontal and for vertical application. This unique design enables structures beyond the standards.
- In renovation cases, old single glazing can easily be replaced by highly insulating fibreglass, without increasing the structural load. This is ideal for the energetic retrofitting of curtain walls and shed roofs in existing industrial buildings
Design alternative without external sun protection:
- With its excellent g-value of up to 0.35 makes fibreglass is equivalent to sun protective glazing
- Harmful UV rays are absorbed entirely
- For all three colours (Brilliant, Emerald-green and Sapphire-blue), an external sun protection device is not necessary, offering more freedom in the building design, reduced cost and an easier construction
- The enormous rigidity of the material makes it ideal for the application in case of superior wind loads
- The translucence degree of up to 78% and the special surface structure which was developed for VARIOPLANplus lead much diffuse light deep into the building.
- The opalexcent effect of the surface avoid effectively a dazzling, even when looking directly into the sun, as well as the direct view into the building.
- The cast-shadow free daylight creates ideal light conditions in production or workshop buildings as well as in sports buildings like gymnasiums.
- The twin-walled fibreglass panels unite a very good thermal insulation value of up to Ug=1.1 W/m2K and an effective limitation of the heat input into the building.
- As a result you achieve a superior use of passive light and at the same time a very good temperature regulation.
- Both your interior climate and the world climate benefit as less heating and cooling also mean a substantial reduction of the energy consumption.
All-around service from the beginning:
- Service means to Butzbach real partnership throughout the entire project, with the objective of a increased planning reliability and optimization of the construction time.
- The complete project, from the first idea to the assembly, including all steps like concepts, thermal calculations, assembly planning, production and delivery, is supplied by only one contact.
- Since more than 60 years our mid-size family-owned company offers successfully innovative solutions for doors and curtain walls on an international scale.
- Sine more than 40 years our self-developed and produced fibreglass has proven ist qualities in building design and enables individual and bespoke high quality solutions.
Each curtain wall is a bespoke solution on individual demand and is designed, constructed, produced and installed by the millimeter for each building. The technical data are a result of the specific requirement of each single project.
- Product brochure
- Tender specification VARIOPLANplus horizontal
- Tender specification VARIOPLANplus vertical
- Technical Information VARIOPLANplus
- Design options
- Energetic values